A Selection of Works from 2007-2010
Selections from Doubled Vision, a solo exhibition at Art Palace Gallery, Houston, January 2010
Click here to read a short review of Doubled Vision, written by Wendy Vogel, which can be found in the Critic’s Picks section of artforum.com.
For more information about the making of Quest of Sight, check out Dan Boehl’s article in …might be good.
Left: Paper, foam, wood, and enamel; repurposed omnichord coated with sand.Top Right: The object on the left is the original object, used in the video Quest of Sight by the shaman Skelebones; on the right is a mirror image replica made of painted paper, foam, wood. Bottom Right: Drum, video still from Quest of Sight: Part One.
From floor up: Acrylic on paper mounted on panel; Resin, wax, acrylic on foam; Acrylic on wood; Acrylic and sand on board; Enamel on a rock, and acrylic on a plaster cast of the same rock; Acrylic on paper, graphite on paper, two photographs, and acrylic and collage on paper.
Selections from an exhibition at the Anderson Gallery, Richmond VA, April 2010.
John Marshall/Jon Marshall, 2010
Digital Video Loop, 7 min 48 sec
Selections from Johan Pilgrim and the Cave of Wonders, a solo exhibition at Man & Eve Gallery, London UK, April 2008.
- Inside/Outside at the Temple Mine
- Graphite on paper, and Ink and enamel on paper
- No Name Crosses the Desert (Untitled 3)
- Edition of 3 + 2 Artist’s Proofs
- Digital print, 24 x 36 in.
- No Name Drinks the Hallucinogenic Whiskey
- Ink and enamel on paper
Selections from The Book of Lenny, a solo exhibition at Art Palace Gallery, November 2007.
- Constellation Paintings
- Endeavour: Seek always, for by looking for one thing you will surely find another. Adventure: It is Good to Have an End to Journey Toward; but it is the Journey that Matters, in the End. Discovery: What lies behind us and what lies before us are small compared to what lies within us. Resolution: The greater the difficulty, the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests.
- Enamel on aluminum, vinyl on plastic, 15 x 41 in. each, overall dimensions variable
- The Entrance to the Sea, the Aftermath of El Nada
- Ink and gouache on paper with thread, 75 x 100 in.
- The Flag to Somewhere
- Cotton, 36 x 60 in.
- Video Still, The Book of Lenny
- Digital video
- Bearsuit, The Book of Lenny
- Worn by Sy Redding
- The Book of Lenny
- Installation view